Join the kids making history to stop climate damage
And they’re asking all of us to join them.
This month alone over 50,000 students have striked in Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland. At the last Australian strike in November, 15,000 kids left school to gather in 30 locations across the country.
On Friday 15 March, the kids are asking all of us – kids, adults and everyone in between – to join them.
- Australian Capital Territory: Canberra
- New South Wales: Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Bega, Albury, Armidale, Lismore, Byron Bay, Inverell, Grafton
- Northern Territory: Alice Springs
- Queensland: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville, Cairns, Whitsundays, Bundaberg
- South Australia: Adelaide
- Tasmania: Hobart, Launceston
- Victoria: Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat
- Western Australia: Perth
The media and public can’t get enough of the kids, who speak with such clarity and authenticity about what our government needs to be doing. They are truly changing the story about what courageous and visionary leadership looks like.
Our summer has been nothing short of brutal. Floods, fires, heatwaves, drought – climate damage is here now, and more and more people are joining the dots.
With a federal election approaching, this is our moment to turn out in the thousands and stand with kids across the country demanding an end to digging and burning coal.
Together we can make this movement unstoppable. Let’s show all the communities impacted now, and the generations to come, that we’re with them all the way.
See you there,
Assistant Climate Change and Clean Energy Campaigner